Many of us may never return to a traditional office setting and we need to be prepared. All across America companies are allowing or requiring all of their employees to work from home. Some companies are giving employees a choice to stay home. For those struggling with this hardship here are some guidelines to keep sane and productive.
How to stay sane working from home
- Use a blocker to avoid social media
Block apps like news, FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram
- Keep a separate office space (if possible)
- Don’t watch more than an hour of news (this is important to keep stress levels down)
- Set a schedule (to the best of your ability)
- Include mental and stretch breaks
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated but also to force bathroom breaks which force you to walk around
- Use an hour of cleaning the house time to problem solve work issues. It will be surprising how solutions will come.
- Do not overschedule just to make yourself seem busy
- Tackle larger projects you have been putting off by breaking them up into smaller segments that you can accomplish within a day
Read the entire article, originally posted on Bevfluence here: http://bevfluence.com/2020/07/09/how-to-work-from-home/