Are you getting a little stir crazy during the COVID-19 Shelter in Place
Trust us, we get it! And you’re not alone.
This past month has been extremely stressful with all the uncertainty in our world, and the wine industry has taken a huge hit during the outbreak. Not to mention, one of the best things about wine is enjoying it with OTHERS!
So, until we can go back to the wineries, bottle shops, restaurants, and bars, we have a solution…
You can now enjoy wine with friends from a safe social distance and, in this current environment, it’s the next best thing to “being there”.
Join us each week for our Thirsty Thursday happy hour where you can taste wine virtually, connect with others, and see familiar (or new!) faces via video chat.
About this Event:
Kathie Nelson (of Résolu Cellars) and I have gathered some of our peeps who are rockstars (in our humble opinion) in the wine space from winemakers, wine educators, savvy tasting room managers, and more to share a glass with you virtually.
We plan to host these happy hours weekly — each Thursday from 6-7pm PST. These virtual happy hours include short, informative presentations on a topic of the week plus an open discussion in a casual and fun setting.
So open that favorite bottle from your cellar, pour yourself a glass (or two!), and connect with other wine lovers in the comfort (and safety) of your own home. If you do want to taste what we’re tasting, we’ve assembled two options of three-bottle kits for under $100 with flat rate shipping options, curbside pickup or delivery within the Portland Metro. Details below.
Everyone is invited, regardless if you have the sampler kit, as sharing wine is about the gathering and enjoying the company.
Previous & Upcoming Topics Include:
- What’s in your glass?
- The shelter in place impact on small businesses in the wine industry and current solutions (wine to go, shipping deals, etc.)
- What’s your favorite varietal?
- Must have wine gear and accessories
- Winemakers Roundtable (with Scott Nelson & Kevin Green) – A peek into each winemakers’ philosophy and winemaking style
- UPCOMING — 4/16: Wine pairs with anything. How to choose what wine to pair with your quarantine staples
- UPCOMING — 4/23: Does the price of wine matter? How to tell crap from good wine
- UPCOMING — 4/30: Can you really train your palate? How to develop/write tasting notes and why this improves your wine experience!
We use the Zoom platform, which you can access from any device. Once you register for a session, you’ll receive all the login details and information for the event via email.
Pro Tip: We encourage participants to eat prior or have snacks available while sipping. Getting tipsy on camera happens… #justsayin
Current & Previous Co-Hosts:
Facilitated by Kathie Nelson — Résolu Cellars, Brand Ambassador & Business Coach (KathieNelson.com)
- Scott Nelson — Résolu Cellars, Winemaker & Founder
- Meg Rulli — Wine Educator & Server, WSET 3 Student (Instagram: @BarrelDork)
- Jennifer Poff — Apolloni Vineyard, Direct to Consumer Sales & Marketing Manager
- Kevin Green — Apolloni Vineyard, Winemaker | La Randonnée, Proprietor/Winemaker (and other custom crush clients)
If you need wine, Résolu Cellars will ship, provide curbside pickup, and delivery within the Portland Metro area — and we encourage you to shop local where you can. You can order tasting kits available from our collaborative partners at ConnectOverWine.com.
We hope you join us for one of the upcoming Thirsty Thursdays! To see the calendar and to register >> ConnectOverWine.com
We are all in this together. In the meantime, we’ve got good wine and good friends… ¡Salud!